GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE DANCESCREEN 2019 FILM SUBMISSION
- The competition “dancescreen 2019” carried out by IMZ International Music + Media Centre, Stiftgasse 29, 1070 Vienna, Austria (henceforth: IMZ) will be part of “dancescreen 2019 + TANZRAUSCHEN Festival Wuppertal”, taking place in Wuppertal from 21-24 November 2019, jointly hosted by IMZ and Tanzrauschen (henceforth: festival organiser).
- The General Terms and Conditions (GTC) version applicable at the time of the film submission shall be relevant. IMZ hereby expressly objects to GTC of the customer. The customer shall be informed about amendments to the GTC; they shall be deemed agreed unless the customer objects to the amended GTC in writing within 14 days; in the notification the customer will be expressly informed about the consequence of silence on his part.
Necessary prerequisite for a successful film submission to the competition “dancescreen 2019” and potential subsequent presentation at “dancescreen 2019 + TANZRAUSCHEN Festival Wuppertal” is the entrant´s consent to the General Terms and Conditions as stated below.
- By completing the entry form, the entrant accepts the terms and conditions as subsequently stated in this document.
- Every breach of the conditions can result in the termination of the contract and the exclusion of the submitted film in the competition and festival “dancescreen 2019 + TANZRAUSCHEN Festival Wuppertal”. The IMZ reserves the right to assert additional rights.
2. FILM SUBMISSION & COMPETITION RULES
- For each submitted film a competition entry form must be filled in online at my.imz.at.
- To ensure proper processing of a film entry and inclusion in the “dancescreen 2019” online catalogue it is important that the film entries and entry fees connected to it (see below) will be received by the IMZ office by the closing date on 10 June 2019 at the latest. Entries later than 10 June 2019 cannot be accepted.
- There is no limit regarding the number of films being submitted per filmmaker or organisation/company.
- If more than one organisation or individual submits the same film, the first entry will be accepted.
- The entrant verifies they hold all necessary rights connected to each entry, including e.g. those for accompanying music, archival video and other proprietary elements contained therein, as well as rights to images and other supporting materials submitted for promotional use.
VIEWING AND SCREENING MATERIAL
- The entrants will be notified by end of August 2019 via an announcement on the official dancescreen website, whether their film was preselected and will be screened as part of the festival programme of “dancescreen 2019 + TANZRAUSCHEN Festival Wuppertal” from 21-24 November 2019. Following the announcement on the dancescreen website the entrant will be instructed by the festival organiser to submit the accepted film in one of the requested technical formats to the festival organiser. General scheduling and timetable of screenings are entirely at the discretion of the festival organiser.
- The entrant agrees to grant IMZ and the festival organiser permission to retain the film copies in their video archives.
ENTRY FEE – PAYMENT
- After the online submission process is completed, entrants will receive a confirmation, that the film submission as well as the payment of the corresponding submission fee was successful.
- Any payment is accepted only via credit card and will be made as part a successful submission process.
- In case of the entrant´s voluntary withdrawal from the film submission, for whatever reason, the submission fee will not be paid back to the entrant.
3. PROMOTIONAL USE OF PICTURES, TEXTS & TRAILERS PROVIDED FOR SUBMITTED FILM PROGRAMMES
- All entries to the competition “dancescreen 2019” will be featured, together with the main film information in English, a photo and – if available – a trailer in the online “dancescreen 2019” catalogue.
- The screening company guarantees to provide the IMZ with pictures (including information about the copyright holder) as well as a short synopsis of each production in question. The entrant grants IMZ and festival organiser all necessary rights to use said materials for all dancescreen and “dancescreen 2019 + TANZRAUSCHEN Festival Wuppertal” related marketing and branding activities as well as for PR and communication activities via all existing and future communication channels of IMZ and festival organiser free of charge. By having made available those materials, the entrant automatically confirms that he/she holds all necessary rights for such use of said materials. In the case of violation of the above-stated obligation and the legal assertion of claims by third parties, the provider of said materials shall indemnify and hold the IMZ harmless.
- The IMZ and festival organiser are granted permission to use up to a 1-minute excerpt of selected film content for festival and/or institutional promotional purposes on both traditional, new and future media outlets. Individual credits for photos and video/film clips will be given whenever possible and appropriate but cannot be guaranteed in all cases.
- Providing the festival organiser with the personal data of the entrant constitutes a prerequisite for the professional organisation of the festival “dancescreen 2019 + TANZRAUSCHEN Festival Wuppertal”.
- By signing these terms and conditions the entrant explicitly agrees to having his/her personal data forwarded to festival organiser, but no other third party. Such consent may be revoked by the entrant at any time, with the corresponding consequences resulting therefrom.
By submitting the entry form, the contestant accepts the general terms and conditions.