About Avant Première Music + Media Market Berlin
Front-row seat to exclusive previews to the latest performing arts film productions
While premières are shown on film festivals, Avant Première presents performing arts films even earlier to an international crowd of potential buyers, coproducers, partners or financiers. The Avant Première Screenings provide a comprehensive synopsis of the latest 600 music + dance films, documentaries, artists' portraits, concerts and live recordings - ranging from classical music to contemporary and pop. As annual B2B event, Avant Première contributes to a majority of cultural TV programming in broadcasting + streaming around the globe.
The global cultural film industry in one place
More than 600 international experts and decision makers from the performing arts + media industry from 320 organisations from almost 40 countries from all over the world meet at Avant Première.
Nearly one third of Avant Première Participants are content buyers, consisting of major broadcasting stations (12%) and innovative streaming + VOD Platforms (17%). The creators of music + dance films are represented by 13% of participants coming from performing arts institutions and 18% from film production companies. 22% of participants are distributors, music labels and rights holders, while technological service providers as well as educational institutions, funding bodies, agencies and journalists take up the rest.
See who joined us at Avant Première 2019!
The comprehensive B2B event for a specialised industry
Five days filled with rousing programme, crucial insights + opportunities and engaging events:
- Avant Première Screenings offer an exclusive preview of 600 music + dance film
- Screenings at the EFM European Film Market are an additional benefit for Avant Première participants to increase exposure + boost business opportunities for performing arts films
- Panels, Talks and Special Presentations cover current issues of the industry
- Technology Focuses present the latest developments in innovative technologies for the Arts like VR, AR, 360°, AI, 8K, TimeLab, etc,
- One-on-One Expert Sessions allow for direct advice + pitching opportunities
- Regional Focuses allow companies from specific countries to present themselves in the course of a festive reception
- Booth area for company presentations + valuable information exchange
- Networking Lounge Area provides space for business meetings + mingling
- Special events, exclusive parties and renowned stars add entertainment and foster connectivity + exchange between participants
Avant Première is brought to you by IMZ International Music + Media Centre
Avant Première is hosted by the IMZ International Music + Media Centre, a global network for leading international production companies, major broadcasters, streaming + VOD platforms, distribution companies, performing arts organisations as well as educational institutions, music labels and technology providers. It is dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of music + dance in the audiovisual media.
Among its 150 international member organisations are major market players like BBC, ZDF, ARTE, the Metropolitan Opera New York, Vienna State Opera, London Symphony Orchestra, Berlin Phil, Unitel, EuroArts or Universal Music as well as individual members like composers, choreographers, musicians and directors.
Dedicated to the business promotion of its members, the IMZ connects producers with co-producers, financiers, buyers or distributors, provides networking + pitching opportunities, circulates relevant industry news + information, and administers resources like a comprehensive film database + a directory for the cultural film industry.
Furthermore, the IMZ is committed to the viability and sustainable development of the sector and hence also engages in young talent promotion through the IMZ Academy Series and in audience development efforts by programming Music Film Festivals worldwide.