About Avant Première Music + Media Market
Front-row seats to exclusive previews of the latest performing arts film productions
While film festivals boast premières, Avant Première goes one step further, presenting performing arts films even earlier to an international crowd of potential buyers, coproducers, partners and financiers. The Avant Première Screenings provide a comprehensive overview of the latest 550 music + dance films, documentaries, artists' portraits, concerts and live recordings - ranging from classical music to contemporary and pop. As an annual B2B event, Avant Première contributes to a majority of cultural TV programming in broadcasting + streaming around the globe.
The global cultural film industry in one place
Each year, Avant Première attracts around 600 industry representatives from 330 organisations from nearly 40 countries.
Around 29% of Avant Première participants are content buyers, and more than a quarter are distribution companies, labels and rights holders. Out of all buyers, 35% are represented by major broadcasting stations, 27% are streaming + VOD platforms, with the rest of purchasers representing the event cinema + festival sectors as well as funding bodies. The creators of music + dance films are well represented, with 19% of attendees coming from film production companies and 8% from performing arts institutions. 8% of participants are technology providers, while NPOs, educational institutions and journalists take up the rest.
See who joined us at Avant Première 2023!
The comprehensive B2B event for a specialised industry
Avant Première offers an exciting programme full of crucial insights, opportunities + engaging events:
- Avant Première Screenings grant exclusive previews to over 580 of the latest music + dance films, documentaries, artists' portraits, concerts and live recordings – ranging from classical music to contemporary and pop.
- Special Screenings are shown in full-length, with top artists involved in the production attending.
- Market Screenings showcase individual productions in full-hour presentations.
- Screenings at the EFM European Film Market present an additional opportunity for Avant Première participants to increase exposure + boost business opportunities for performing arts films.
- Avant Première Panels feature international experts discussing crucial issues impacting the market.
- Special Presentations showcase and promote innovative technologies, special events or initiatives.
- Pitching Sessions offer exclusive pitching opportunities to senior decision makers.
- During Innovation Day, the latest technological developments for the cultural film sector, such as VR, AR, 360° or 8K are presented by experts sharing their exclusive insights.
- One-on-One Expert Sessions allow direct pitching opportunities in a speed-dating format.
- A Booth area features company presentations + allows valuable information exchange.
- The Networking Lounge Area provides space for business meetings + mingling.
- Special events, exclusive parties and renowned stars add prestige and foster connectivity between participants.
- The IMZ Member Session + IMZ Meeting Point provide IMZ Members and Non-Members with relevant information.
THIS IS AVANT PREMIÈRE
- Avant Première
MUSIC + MEDIA MARKET BERLIN 2023