About Avant Première Music + Media Market Berlin
Front-row seats to exclusive previews of the latest performing arts film productions
While premières are shown on film festivals, Avant Première presents performing arts films even earlier to an international crowd of potential buyers, coproducers, partners and financiers. The Avant Première Screenings provide a comprehensive overview of the latest 550 music + dance films, documentaries, artists' portraits, concerts and live recordings - ranging from classical music to contemporary and pop. As an annual B2B event, Avant Première contributes to a majority of cultural TV programming in broadcasting + streaming around the globe.
The global cultural film industry in one place
Each year, Avant Première attracts around 600 industry representatives from 330 organisations from almost 40 countries.
Around 26% of Avant Première participants are content buyers, nearly one fourth are distribution companies, labels and rights holders. Out of all buyers, 42% are represented by major broadcasting stations, 40% are streaming + VOD platforms, while the rest of the visitors buying content represent the event cinema + festival sectors as well as funding bodies. The creators of music + dance films are represented by 22% of participants coming from film production companies and 11% from performing arts institutions. 11% of participants are technology providers, while NPOs, educational institutions and journalists take up the rest.
See who joined us at Avant Première 2021!
The comprehensive B2B event for a specialised industry
Five days filled with an exciting programme, crucial insights + opportunities and engaging events:
- Avant Première Screenings offer an exclusive preview to more than 550 of the latest music + dance films, documentaries, artists' portraits, concerts and live recordings - ranging from classical music to contemporary and pop.
- Special Screenings are shown in full-length together with top artists involved in the screened film.
- Market Screenings put a spotlight on individual productions in a full-hour presentation.
- Screenings at the EFM European Film Market are an additional benefit for Avant Première participants to increase exposure + boost business opportunities for performing arts films. (tbc)
- Broadcaster Lightning Talks to facilitate cooperation + communication between producers and buyers.
- Avant Première Panels unite international experts to discuss and explore crucial issues impacting the market.
- Special Presentations shine a spotlight on innovative technologies, special events or initiatives.
- Pitching Sessions offer exclusive pitching opportunities towards senior decision makers.
- During the Innovation Day the latest developments in innovative technologies for the cultural film sector, such as VR, AR, 360°, 8K, are presented by experts who share their exclusive insights.
- One-on-One Expert Sessions allow direct pitching opportunities in a speed-dating format
- Booth area for company presentations + valuable information exchange
- Networking Lounge Area provides space for business meetings + mingling
- Special events, exclusive parties and renowned stars add entertainment and foster connectivity between participants
- IMZ Member Session + IMZ Meeting Point provide IMZ Members and Non-Members with relevant information.