20 February, 13:45-15:15
Digital creation Pitching session
We are looking for native web formats, new media narratives and multi-platform content projects, as well as projects in 360, VR, AR, XR, Binaural Sound or Big Format (Dome) films in the genre of performing arts.
The selected pitches
The film deconstructs the well-known postcard world of the Alps by approaching them through sounds. We experience a symphony of sounds; an expedition into a wonderful world of sounds; a concert of wind, rain, thunder, and the most diverse creatures; beauty - but also vulnerability. And destruction: cracking, rhythmic sounds of trees in drought stress combine to form a percussion concert, a soundtrack of climate change. The sounds of melting glaciers are a lament that creeps under the skin.
ERWARTUNG – mono opera as single-player VR game
"Erwartung" pushes the concept of immersion into opera into a new dimension; our single-player VR game allows users to not only passively experience Arnold Schoenberg’s musical monodrama, but to play it, to embody its heroine and to interact with the story incompletely new ways. Immerse yourself in a mystical world, experience a psychedelic horror story and become part of Arnold Schoenberg's opera, "Erwartung." Experience opera as a 360° VR game!
The Air Loom
THE AIR LOOM is exploring the new technologies defining our future, as we are letting them trace, track and collect our identity. Transgressing into the personal realm of our inner thoughts, doubts and demons, the installation piece examines the relationship between perception and paranoia, the self and its mirror image, exhibition, and voyeurism.
Bodø24: European Capital of Culture
On the Arctic Circle, a cave is located. Under the northern lights, musicians are preparing for a special event. The cold weather turns exhaled air into smoke as they prepare gear. They submerge through a cut hole into ice-cold water. At the surface, people see the light vanishing into the abyss. The musicians disappear into the veins of mother earth. In a white marble water system, they cave dive half a kilometer in what looks like extraterrestrial scenery to get to their venue. One with a saxophone, one with a double bass, and one as a DJ. They come to a massive hall and perform a concert for 30 divers. However, through VR, 10 million people are watching this globally - live.
Proposals are only accepted before the deadline via the online submission tool, accessible through the IMZ website. Only duly completed submissions made in English are taken into consideration. Please note that only persons registered with a Festival Pass for Avant Première 2023 can enter their projects.
If you are not yet a registered participant of Avant Première 2023, you can purchase your Festival Pass here!
All full submissions will be reviewed by the IMZ/Sunny Side of the Doc Selection Committee and evaluated based on originality, technical and/or research content/depth, correctness and relevance to the Pitching Sessions.
Schedule + Deadlines
- 25 October 2022: Submission opens
- 19 December 2022: Deadline to submit your proposal via the online submission tool on the IMZ Website
- Mid-January 2023: 4 selected proposals for each pitching session are informed + confirmed
- 20 February 2023: Digital Creation Pitching Session + Performing Arts Documentary Pitching Session (+ respective One-on-One Follow Up Sessions) during Avant Première 2023
- 20-23 June 2023: Pitching Sessions during Sunny Side of the Doc 2023
CONTENT OF SUBMITTED PROPOSALS
All submissions must be made in English.
Digital creation pitching session:
- Synopsis (700 characters including spaces, published on the IMZ website and in the Avant Première Agenda + Programme Schedule if proposal is selected)
- Treatment (700 characters, including spaces)
- Project Image (300 dpi, min width 1000 px) + copyright (published on the IMZ website and in the Avant Première Agenda + Programme Schedule if proposal is selected)
- Link to trailer (youtube or vimeo), if available
- 1 PDF file with the project’s budget
- 1 PDF file (max 5 pages and 2 MB) including other information useful for assessing your project (e.g. funding plan, commitment letters, coproduction partners, short biographies of the author/director, presentation of the producer, impact and/or production strategy, etc.)
DURATION OF PITCH
Each pitch lasts 15 minutes overall, consisting of 5 minutes for a brief presentation of the project including a trailer and 10 minutes reserved for a Q&A with the Expert Jury and the audience of industry professionals.
Moreover, any member of the Expert Jury can request a one-on-one Follow-Up Session, in which further details can be discussed and clarified. This is a great opportunity to talk directly with decision makers and initiate fruitful collaborations!
DATE + LOCATION
- Digital Creation Pitching Session (open to the public)
20 February 2023, 13:45-15:15
Conference Hall, Hotel Scandic Berlin Potsdamer Platz
- Performing Arts Documentary Pitching Session at Avant Première 2023 (open to the public)
20 February 2023, 15:30 – 17:00
Conference Hall, Hotel Scandic Berlin Potsdamer Platz
- Pitching Session at Sunny Side of the Doc 2023 (for the winning projects only)
19-22 June 2023
La Rochelle, France
- Avant Première
- Avant Première Screenings
- Golden Elk Award 2023
- One-on-One Expert Sessions
- Meeting + Networking Spaces
- Digital Offerings
- Exhibitor's Area
- Online Exhibitor's Area
- Avant Première Lounge Area
- Meeting Desk Area
- IMZ Member Session
- IMZ Meeting Point
- Kick-Off: ARTE Concert@Berlinale
- Opening Ceremony
- Closing Ceremony
- Warm-Up Brunch
- Introduction for Newcomers
For more information please contact
Market Access + Membership + Professionalisation