IMZ x Sunny Side of the Doc Pitching Sessions
For the fifth time and counting, the IMZ International Music + Media Centre has joined forces with the internationally renowned market place for documentary + narrative experiences Sunny Side of the Doc to grant a special platform to performing arts documentaries, offering filmmakers and producers the chance to take their projects further!
As Sunny Side of the Doc and the IMZ wish to encourage digital creation, an additional pitching session will be exclusively dedicated to digital content within the performing arts: innovative stories or digital installations created through new convergences of documentary, culture and immersive technology.
Submit your performing arts documentary or digital project now for a chance to win a special opportunity to pitch directly to international decision makers and receive expert feedback on the spot.
What are we looking for?
We are interested in linear documentary stories exploring any aspect of the performing arts – be it an artist's portrait or a historical/genre specific documentary focusing on any music + dance content. We welcome proposals in development or production, that combine quality, originality and innovation.
How does ist work?
- The joint Selection Committee pre-selects 4 proposals per pitching session among all submitted projects, which are then eligible to be presented at the Pitching Sessions during Avant Première 2024.
- In order to increase exposure + business opportunities for the eligible projects, the pre-selected pitches will be published on the IMZ website and in the Avant Première Agenda + Programme Schedule.
- In addition, the Jury, consisting of international industry experts, can request a One-on-One Follow-Up Session, in which further details can be discussed.
- Furthermore, one project from each session will win the chance to pitch once more in front of an international expert jury at Sunny Side of the Doc, taking place from 24-27 June 2024 in La Rochelle, France, as well as two free accreditations each for the event.
The two Juries consist of 4-5 internationally renowned experts + decision makers from the realm of performing arts documentary films and digital creation each. See our confirmed jurors below; more to come soon!
- Avant Première
- Market Screenings
- Special Screenings
- Online Market Screenings
- Avant Première Panels
- IMZ x Sunny Side of the Doc Pitching Sessions
- Golden Elk Award 2024
- Special Presentations
- Avant Première Talks + Innovation Day
- One-on-One Expert Sessions
- Meeting + Networking Spaces
- Avant Première at EFM
For more information please contact
Market Access + Membership + Professionalisation