IMZ ACADEMY TOPICS
The IMZ Academy is a professionalisation initiative to support representatives in the performing arts + media as well as the music + dance film industry as a whole. A variety of current topics are covered in hands-on training sessions in order to help practitioners to tackle crucial issues that affect their work.
Digitalisation – as one of the major developments in recent years – is of course a significant topic in the IMZ Academy editions, together with practical, technological and strategic considerations for the performing arts in the 21st century.
Since its foundation in 2013, the following topics have been addressed in the course of IMZ Academies (usually a two-day workshop) and shorter IMZ Academy Sessions:
Performing arts in the digital realm – Opportunities and Challenges
The digital world calls for new ways of thinking and working together, it changed consumption patterns for music + dance films and significantly altered the way of communicating + engaging performing arts audiences. This focus of the IMZ Academy reflects on the challenges of these developments and provides practical guidance on how to best adopt accordingly.
- IMZ Academy "The complete performer of the future - Embracing media skills in music education" (2019)
- IMZ Academy Session "Social Media is live" (2019)
- IMZ Academy “Going Live – From the performing arts stage to screens worldwide” (2018)
- IMZ Academy Session “Brand, Media + Technology – How emotions enhance your brand” (2018)
- IMZ Academy Session “Collaboration, Creativity + Community in the Digital World” (2017)
- IMZ Academy Session “What’s the best way to engage with your audiences in a connected world?” (2014)
Performing arts in the digital realm – Focus on specific sectors
In order to take into account sector-specific particularities, the IMZ Academy also dedicated custom-designed editions for various performing arts genres.
- IMZ Academy "Re-Imagining Opera for the Digital Age" (2019)
- IMZ Academy “Re-Imagining the Orchestra for the Digital Age” (2017+2018)
- IMZ Academy “Re-Imagining Opera for the Digital Age” (2015+2017)
- IMZ Academy “Dance in the Digital World” (2016)
Technological and practical insights for performing arts films
Another focus of the IMZ Academy is to advise the producers of music + dance films on technical, technological and practical insights and developments as well as to support filmmakers in promoting their work in an ideal manner.
- IMZ Academy Session "The Art of making Music Documentaries" (2019)
- IMZ Academy Session "The future of multi-camera live coverage of orchestral music" (2019)
- IMZ Academy Session “Innovative Technologies for the Arts” (2018)
- IMZ Academy Session “Sharpen up your Showreel” (2014)
- IMZ Academy “Multi-Camera Performance Capture” (2013)