IMZ x Sunny Side of the Doc Pitching Sessions
For the fourth time and counting, the IMZ International Music + Media Centre has joined forces with the internationally renowned market place for documentary + narrative experiences Sunny Side of the Doc to grant a special platform to performing arts documentaries, offering filmmakers and producers the chance to take their projects further!
As Sunny Side of the Doc and the IMZ wish to encourage digital creation, an additional pitching session will be exclusively dedicated to digital content within the performing arts: innovative stories or digital installations created through new convergences of documentary, culture and immersive technology.
Submit your performing arts documentary or digital project now for a chance to win a special opportunity to pitch directly to international decision makers and receive expert feedback on the spot.
What are we looking for?
We are interested in linear documentary stories exploring any aspect of the performing arts – be it an artist's portrait or a historical/genre specific documentary focusing on any music + dance content. We welcome proposals in development or production, that combine quality, originality and innovation.
How does ist work?
- The joint Selection Committee pre-selects 4 proposals per pitching session among all submitted projects, which are then eligible to be presented at the Pitching Sessions during Avant Première 2023.
- In order to increase exposure + business opportunities for the eligible projects, the pre-selected pitches will be published on the IMZ website and in the Avant Première Agenda + Programme Schedule.
- In addition, the Jury, consisting of international industry experts, can request a One-on-One Follow-Up Session, in which further details can be discussed.
- Furthermore, one project from each session will win the chance to pitch once more in front of an international expert jury at Sunny Side of the Doc, taking place from 19-22 June 2023 in La Rochelle, France, as well as two free accreditations each for the event.
The two Juries consist of 5-6 internationally renowned experts + decision makers from the realm of performing arts documentary films and digital creation each. See our confirmed jurors below; more to come soon!
CEO + Executive Producer, INVR.SPACE
Sönke Kirchhof is CEO and executive producer of the award-winning VR Full Service Studio INVR.SPACE GmbH. He has been working in the fields of stereoscopic filmmaking, VFX, CGI Postproduction, Research and Development in arts and technology for more than 20 years and 10 years in XR.
Head of Mission Innovation, ARTE
Kay Meseberg has worked on many award-winning digital productions over the last 20 years. He joined ARTE in 2013, where he contributed to the first-ever VR documentary “Polar Sea 360” and now works on immersive media as well as leads ARTE’s Mission Innovation. Kay is also a visiting lecturer for the Center of Collaborative Arts + Media at Yale University and Innovation Ambassador for the IMZ.
Professor + Head of Cast/ Audiovisual Media, Zürich University of the Arts
Member of the academic steering committee of ETH’s Media Technology Center. Keynote speaker on “Storytelling,” among others: Frankfurt Book Fair, Shanghai Theatre Academy, CityU Hong Kong, AFTRS Sydney, UC Berkeley, ETH, Disney Research.
- Avant Première
- Avant Première Screenings
- Market Screenings
- Online Market Screenings
- One-on-One Expert Sessions
- Innovation Day
- Avant Première at EFM
- Meeting + Networking Spaces
- Digital Offerings
- Exhibitor's Area
- Online Exhibitor's Area
- Avant Première Lounge Area
- Meeting Desk Area
- IMZ Meeting Point
- Introduction for Newcomers
For more information please contact
Market Access + Membership + Professionalisation