IMZ Academy 2015: All About Opera Online
1-2 October 2016
At ITF Golden Prague, Czech Republic
For the 3rd time the Academy brought together professionals with a cultural business background and supported intensive experience exchange as well as hands-on knowledge transfer and development of industry-specific skills. Workshop sessions were an important part of the Academy approach. Over two days the participants had plenty opportunity to develop new ideas and to get involved. The 14 hour masterclass took place at the New Stage of the National Theater and the National Museum of Music, Prague.
The course was directed by IMZ Academy director Peter Maniura (Head of Digital Development for BBC Arts), who held seminars about the topics Storytelling In a Digital Environment, A Glimpse Into The Future and Social Media and The Creative Community. With the highly practical workshops Storytelling and Make It, Share It! and the discussions the participants got directly involved.
Guest speaker Kriss Russman (EMMY-nominated, multi-camera Director and Filmmaker) was talking about Multi-Camera Performance Capture, where the participants were guided through the various systems and approaches and analysed the options from an editorial and artistic perspective. David Chalmers (Technology Development Manager, BBC Scotland) spoke about Low-Cost Capture And Streaming Solutions, examined the market place and looked at options and best practice in terms of capturing performance and events.
- IMZ Academy Editions
- 2020: What does “good” look like for digital projects in the Performing Arts?
- 2019: The complete performer of the future – Embracing media skills in music education
- 2019: Classical Music Streaming and Distribution – the State of the Art?
- 2019: Re-Imagining Opera for the Digital Age
- 2019: Social Media is live!
- 2019: The future of multi-camera live coverage of orchestral music
- 2019: The Art of making Music Documentaries