IMZ Academy 2015: All About Opera Online
1-2 October 2016
At ITF Golden Prague, Czech Republic
For the 3rd time the Academy brought together professionals with a cultural business background and supported intensive experience exchange as well as hands-on knowledge transfer and development of industry-specific skills. Workshop sessions were an important part of the Academy approach. Over two days the participants had plenty opportunity to develop new ideas and to get involved. The 14 hour masterclass took place at the New Stage of the National Theater and the National Museum of Music, Prague.
The course was directed by IMZ Academy director Peter Maniura (Head of Digital Development for BBC Arts), who held seminars about the topics Storytelling In a Digital Environment, A Glimpse Into The Future and Social Media and The Creative Community. With the highly practical workshops Storytelling and Make It, Share It! and the discussions the participants got directly involved.
Guest speaker Kriss Russman (EMMY-nominated, multi-camera Director and Filmmaker) was talking about Multi-Camera Performance Capture, where the participants were guided through the various systems and approaches and analysed the options from an editorial and artistic perspective. David Chalmers (Technology Development Manager, BBC Scotland) spoke about Low-Cost Capture And Streaming Solutions, examined the market place and looked at options and best practice in terms of capturing performance and events.
- IMZ Academy Editions
- 2023: Creating value through digital transformation
- 2023: AI & VR Experiences in Gaming, Theater and Performing Arts Film
- 2022: Sustainability + Classical Music TV
- 2022: Opportunities and Challenges in Creative Digital Transformation
- 2022: Meet the Streamers
- 2022: Digital content management in a decentralised online world
- 2021: Innovating the future of classical music TV
- 2021: Is anybody out there? Radical new ways to reach audiences in the Performing Arts
- 2021: IMZ Flying Academy Pilot with Higher Music Education Institutions
- 2021: Let's talk 2030
- Setting IMZ Standards on Metadata
- Setting IMZ Standards on Copyright