IMZ ACADEMY 2016: DANCE IN THE DIGITAL WORLD
29-30 September 2016
at ITF Golden Prague, Czech Republic
For the 4th time the IMZ brought together professionals with a cultural business background for this year’s Academy ‘Dance in the Digital World’. The edition focused on dance, covering all aspects of the visualisation of the art form: Our experts from the dance, film and media scene gave an insight track on how to best visualise the story of a dance production and how to effectively reach the audience. The sessions examined best practice in multi-camera performance capture, streaming and low-cost options as well as editorial curation.
The interactive part was an important component of the IMZ Academy approach. During workshop sessions participants teamed up in small groups to develop original ideas from real life examples and brand new future projects. The active exchange and knowledge sharing improved skills and competences and helped to professionalise.
The sessions were led by IMZ Academy director Peter Maniura (Head of Digital Development, BBC Arts) with experts and guest speakers Tony Followell (Head of Media, Royal Opera House) and award winning filmmaker Ross MacGibbon specialising in stage-to-screen adaptations, who revealed their exclusive know-how on all the latest developments and technologies in the field including new digital platforms.
- IMZ Academy Editions
- 2023: Creating value through digital transformation
- 2023: AI & VR Experiences in Gaming, Theater and Performing Arts Film
- 2022: Sustainability + Classical Music TV
- 2022: Opportunities and Challenges in Creative Digital Transformation
- 2022: Meet the Streamers
- 2022: Digital content management in a decentralised online world
- 2021: Innovating the future of classical music TV
- 2021: Is anybody out there? Radical new ways to reach audiences in the Performing Arts
- 2021: IMZ Flying Academy Pilot with Higher Music Education Institutions
- 2021: Let's talk 2030
- Setting IMZ Standards on Metadata
- Setting IMZ Standards on Copyright