IMZ ACADEMY 2016: DANCE IN THE DIGITAL WORLD
29-30 September 2016
at ITF Golden Prague, Czech Republic
For the 4th time the IMZ brought together professionals with a cultural business background for this year’s Academy ‘Dance in the Digital World’. The edition focused on dance, covering all aspects of the visualisation of the art form: Our experts from the dance, film and media scene gave an insight track on how to best visualise the story of a dance production and how to effectively reach the audience. The sessions examined best practice in multi-camera performance capture, streaming and low-cost options as well as editorial curation.
The interactive part was an important component of the IMZ Academy approach. During workshop sessions participants teamed up in small groups to develop original ideas from real life examples and brand new future projects. The active exchange and knowledge sharing improved skills and competences and helped to professionalise.
The sessions were led by IMZ Academy director Peter Maniura (Head of Digital Development, BBC Arts) with experts and guest speakers Tony Followell (Head of Media, Royal Opera House) and award winning filmmaker Ross MacGibbon specialising in stage-to-screen adaptations, who revealed their exclusive know-how on all the latest developments and technologies in the field including new digital platforms.
- IMZ Academy Editions
- 2020: What does “good” look like for digital projects in the Performing Arts?
- 2019: The complete performer of the future – Embracing media skills in music education
- 2019: Classical Music Streaming and Distribution – the State of the Art?
- 2019: Re-Imagining Opera for the Digital Age
- 2019: Social Media is live!
- 2019: The future of multi-camera live coverage of orchestral music
- 2019: The Art of making Music Documentaries