IMZ Academy 2017: RE-IMAGINING THE ORCHESTRA FOR THE DIGITAL AGE
21-22 August 2017
Barbican Centre, London
The decline in the coverage of orchestral concerts on conventional media, coupled with the need to develop and connect with new audiences and communities calls for new thinking and new strategies. Hence, this IMZ Academy edition was designed to address these challenges with experts presenting best practice in marketing strategies, streaming solutions and the latest capture-technologies.
This IMZ Academy focused on the orchestra in digital space, covering all aspects of the visualisation of orchestral performance: from event capture – whether for television, cinema or online- to effective social media strategy, the contextualisation of performance and performers online and the best ways to reach your audience.
27 participants from 17 institutions and 7 different countries took part in the IMZ Academy for Orchestra in the Digital Age at the Barbican Centre London received practical guidances and worked together on concrete challenges and real-life examples.
The sessions were led by IMZ Academy director Peter Maniura (Head of Digital Development at BBC Arts) together with experts and guest speakers Becky Lees (Head of LSO Live at London Symphony Orchestra), Chris Rogers (Digital Project Manager, LSO Discovery at London Symphony Orchestra), Jo Johnson (Senior Marketing Manager, Digital Communications at London Symphony Orchestra), Mans Pär Fogelberg (Producer GSOplay at Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra), Eva Essvik (Audience and Business Developer at Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra) and Kriss Russman (EMMY-nominated, multi-camera Director and Filmmaker).
- IMZ Academy Editions
- 2022: Sustainability + Classical Music TV
- 2022: Opportunities and Challenges in Creative Digital Transformation
- 2022: Meet the Streamers
- 2022: Digital content management in a decentralised online world
- 2021: Innovating the future of classical music TV
- 2021: Is anybody out there? Radical new ways to reach audiences in the Performing Arts
- 2021: IMZ Flying Academy Pilot with Higher Music Education Institutions
- 2021: Let's talk 2030
- Setting IMZ Standards on Metadata
- Setting IMZ Standards on Copyright