IMZ Academy 2017: RE-IMAGINING THE ORCHESTRA FOR THE DIGITAL AGE
21-22 August 2017
Barbican Centre, London
The new edition of the IMZ Academy focusses on the orchestra in digital space, covering all aspects of the visualisation of orchestral performance: from event capture – whether for television, cinema or online- to effective social media strategy, the contextualisation of performance and performers online and the best ways to reach your audience.
The sessions will be led by IMZ Academy director Peter Maniura (Head of Digital Development, BBC Arts) with experts and eminent guest speakers Becky Lees (Head of LSO Live, London Symphony Orchestra), Chris Rogers (Digital Project Manager, LSO Discovery, London Symphony Orchestra), Jo Johnson (Senior Marketing Manager, Digital Communications, London Symphony Orchestra), Mans Pär Fogelberg (Producer GSOplay, Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra), Eva Essvik (Audience and Business Developer, Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra) and Kriss Russman (EMMY-nominated, multi-camera Director and Filmmaker) giving the inside track on the latest developments and technologies in the field.
- To outline the range of editorial and technical knowledge which an orchestra requires to promote and position itself in the digital world
- To help orchestras develop their narrative as creative organisations
- To help them decide who their audience is and how to reach them
- To help define and develop their digital strategy and its active components
- To provide a framework for decisions about whether or not to invest in in-house technology and staff to pursue their digital strategy
- To examine best practice in multi-camera performance capture and streaming, including low-cost options
- To develop thinking around a range of editorial content beyond performance
Presentations and discussions will cover artistic, as well as technical and financial challenges and examine best practice in performance capture, streaming, editorial curation and audience impact. Workshop sessions are an important element in the IMZ Academy approach, allowing participants to work in small groups on concrete challenges and future-facing initiatives.
The IMZ Academy is an initiative started in 2013 that brings together professionals in the field of cultural film production, fostering intensive experience exchange, hands-on knowledge transfer and development of industry-specific skills
21 August: 13:00pm - 17:00pm
22 August: 9:30am - 18:00pm
Frobisher Room 1
London, EC2Y 8DS