IMZ Academy 2017: Re-imagining Opera for the Digital Age
28-29 September 2017
at International Television Festival Golden Prague, Czech Republic
This edition of the IMZ Academy 2017 will focus on opera in the digital age, looking in particular at the opportunities of online and social media. Presentations and discussions will cover artistic, as well as technical and financial challenges and examine best practice in performance capture, streaming, editorial curation and audience impact.
Workshop sessions are an important element in the IMZ Academy approach, allowing participants to work in small groups on concrete challenges and cutting-edge initiatives.
An additional benefit of this IMZ Academy edition is that it is held in the course of the International Television Festival Golden Prague hence participants will not only have the opportunity to engage with the IMZ and IMZ Academy community but also to meet members of the European Broadcasting Union and other industry representatives at the ITF Golden Prague.
- Representatives of Digital and Media Development Departments of Opera Houses
- Digital Media and Event Producers
- PR, Marketing and Communication Specialists
- Editors, Video and Sound Technicians
The course will be led by IMZ Academy director Peter Maniura (Head of Digital Development for BBC Arts) together with top-level industry guest speakers. In order to provide participants with hands-on insights and practical guidance, our speakers share their expertise and experience in the form of case studies on the latest development in the field:
- David Collins, Director of External Affairs at Opera North will focus on new approaches to filming full-length opera performances.
- Agnieszka Kłopocka, Project Leader of "The Opera Platform" and Marcin Fedisz, Promotion & Marketing and Literary Department, at the Polish National Opera will present their case study on how to best build a successful digital campaign around a live stream.
- François Roussillon, Producer & TV Director at François Roussillon et Associés, will share his 20+ years of experience in producing audiovisual programmes of opera.
- To outline the range of editorial and technical knowledge which an opera house requires to promote and position itself in the digital world
- To help opera houses develop their narrative as creative organisations
- To help them identify and reach their audience
- To help define and develop their digital strategy and its active components
- To develop thinking around a range of editorial content beyond performance
- To examine best practice in performance capture and the latest technologies in capture and streaming
28-29 September 2017
The IMZ Academy takes place in the course of the International Television Festival Golden Prague
The New Stage National Theatre
Národní 1393/4, 110 00 Prague, Czech Republic