IMZ ACADEMY SESSION 2019: “The future of multi-camera live coverage of orchestral music”
12 April 2019
In the course of Karajan Music Tech Conference, Salzburg/Austria
This IMZ Academy Session evaluates the implications of new technologies and AI for audiovisual music recordings and its impact on audience engagement.
BBC Scotland has been working to live stream performances by the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra to a wider audience. David Chalmers, Technology Development Manager, will explain their recent collaboration with CuePilot to use automated PTZ camera control to enable higher production values with more complex and dynamic coverage while keeping costs low with reduced numbers of crew needed. He will also discuss next steps and how this approach could be developed in future.
Find out more about the Karajan Music Tech Conference and get your ticket to join this IMZ Academy Session at www.karajanmusictech.com
Digital Producer at BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra (BBC SSO)
Johnny produces orchestral visualisations and live streams for BBC Online, BBC iPlayer and social media. Johnny is interested in utilising new technology to capture and broadcast orchestras in the digital world. In an 11 year BBC career, he’s produced, directed and shelf-shot digital and social media music content for the BBC SSO, BBC Proms, BBC Arts Online, BBC Radio 6 Music, BBC at the Edinburgh Festivals and BBC Scotland, as well in projects across Europe and beyond. In a role for BBC Learning Johnny taught digital content creation skills to school children and students all over Scotland, and produced outreach content in India and Sri Lanka.
- IMZ Academy Editions
- 2019: Social Media is live!
- 2019: The future of multi-camera live coverage of orchestral music
- 2019: The Art of making Music Documentaries
- 2018: Going Live – From the performing arts stage to screens worldwide
- 2018: Re-imagining the orchestra for the Digital Age
- 2018: Brand, Media + Technology – How Emotions Enhance Your Brand
- 2018: Innovative technologies for the arts
- 2017: Re-imagining Opera for the Digital Age
- 2017: Re-imagining the Orchestra for the Digital Age
- 2017: Collaboration, Creativity + Community in the Digital World
- 2016: Dance in the digital world
- 2015: All About Opera Online
- 2014: What’s the Best Way to Engage with your Audiences in a Connected World?
- 2014: Sharpen up your Showreel
- 2013: Multi-Camera Performance Capture Workshop