IMZ Academy 2019: “The complete performer of the future – Embracing media skills in music education”
29-30 October 2019 in cooperation with and at Music + Arts University of the City of Vienna (MUK), Vienna/Austria, supported by AEC – Association Européenne des Conservatoires
What kind of mindset and skills beyond musical excellence do classical performers need to thrive in our ever-increasing digital world and how can these be trained by Conservatories?
This IMZ Academy establishes the importance of media skills for the next generation of musicians and explores how the music education of the future should adapt its syllabus to prepare students effectively for the opportunities + challenges of the digital realm.
Find out more about the expert speakers and stay tuned for the detailed schedule!
Sign up for the IMZ Academy Mailings to never miss an update!
- To outline the range of editorial and technical knowledge which a Conservatoire or University Music Department requires to promote and position itself and its students in the digital world
- To help define and develop their digital strategy and curricula for the benefit of their students
- To identify the changes in attitude and approach required from management and teachers in order to effect change
- To explore the role that digital can play in the make-up of the complete classical musician in the 21st century, acknowledging the revolutionary way that music is now made, listened to and distributed by digital networks and social media
- To share examples of best practice in digital courses for music students as an integral part of the undergraduate and post-graduate experience
- Management staff of Higher Music Education Institutions + Universities
- Teaching staff of Higher Music Education Institutions + Universities
- Alumni and Post-Graduate students, who want to remain up-to-date on best practice in teaching
Benefits for participants
- Speakers from renowned organisations share their professional insights and know-how
- Practice-driven approach to learning with real-life examples and concrete challenges
- Networking opportunities with international participants from across the industry
- Engage + connect with the IMZ Community + AEC Network and open up potential collaborations with the music + media sector
29 October 2019: 12:30-18:00
30 October 2019: 09:30-17:00
Music + Arts University of the City of Vienna (MUK)
Johannesgasse 4a, 1010 Vienna/Austria