IMZ Academy x FEDORA Next Stage: "Creating value through digital transformation"
19 + 26 April, 2023, 10:00 - 13:00 CET, online
As part of the Next Stage initiative, and with the support of the Creative Europe programme of the European Union, FEDORA offers professional training for emerging artists and creatives to stimulate innovation in opera and dance in the fields of sustainability, inclusivity and digital transformation.
Ever eager to foster innovation within the cultural field, the IMZ Academy joined the Next Stage Initiative led by FEDORA and Opera Europa to offer a cutting-edge online seminar on “Creating value through digital transformation”.
Moderated by IMZ Academy Director Peter Maniura, the course will focus on institutions and individuals with practical experience in commissioning and delivering digital projects, reviewing benchmarks for success and helping participants draw their own conclusions on how to enter the next stage of digitalization. As always, there is ample time for networking and connecting with fellow attendees.
These sessions are dedicated to
- Emerging artists and creatives within opera and dance companies from FEDORA’s member organisations
- Including but not limited to stage directors, designers, sound designers, composers, performers, digital creatives, videographers, producers and project managers
Benefits for Participants
- Lecturers from renowned organisations will share their unique insights
- Practice-driven approach to learning with real-life case studies
- Networking opportunities with international peers
- Engage + connect with the IMZ Community and open up potential collaborations with the music + media sector
Freelance Director + Digital Strategist, IMZ Academy Director
Peter Maniura is an award-winning TV producer and director with more than twenty-five years’ experience in music + arts broadcasting at the BBC and the EBU. He is also a digital media consultant and guest lecturer. His most recent role at the BBC was Project Director, Classical Archive and Orchestras Digital Strategy for BBC Music; opening up the BBC’S unique music archive to the public in new ways. Prior to this he was Head of Digital Development for BBC Arts covering festivals, events and performances across the art forms. He was also commissioner for BBC Arts Online, which he launched in May 2014. Previously, he was Creative Director and Curator of the new experimental BBC/Arts Council England digital online arts service “The Space,” which launched in May 2012, promoting digital innovation and creativity in the arts.
Composer and Artistic Director at Sound Voice
Hannah is internationally recognised for her work as a composer, artistic director and presenter with leading opera houses and orchestras in 18 different countries. At the heart of everything is intense collaboration with diverse communities. Her work has been premiered at the Royal Albert Hall, broadcast on BBC Radio 3, 4 and BBC television.
Project Lead of Digital Development and Head of Digital Theatre, State Theatre of Augsburg
Tina Lorenz grew up in a “galactic federation of hackers” (the Chaos Computer Club), but went on to study Theatre Studies in Vienna and Munich. She has worked as a dramaturge, a teacher for acting students, a specialist for digital communication and helped invent her current position, which she has held since 2020.
Digital Transformation Manager, Kearney
Katharina Moll is a manager in the Digital Transformation practice of the global consultancy Kearney. She supports clients in building digital strategies to get closer to their customers and empower their workforce. Together with her team, FEDORA and Opera Europa, she led the Next Stage study on digitalization, sustainability and inclusivity in the European performing arts sector.
MICHAEL NUNN & BILLY TREVITT
Artistic Directors, BalletBoyz
Michael and Billy were leading dancers with the Royal Ballet for 12 years before forming their own dance and film production company BalletBoyz in 2000. As BalletBoyz, they have made a wide range of dance work, films, and documentaries exploring the relationship between dance and screen to worldwide public and critical acclaim.
NIKE VAN SCHIE
Nike has worked with the Balletboys Michael Nunn & Billy Trevitt in a variety of roles since 2015.
- IMZ Academy Editions
- 2023: Creating value through digital transformation
- 2023: AI & VR Experiences in Gaming, Theater and Performing Arts Film
- 2022: Sustainability + Classical Music TV
- 2022: Opportunities and Challenges in Creative Digital Transformation
- 2022: Meet the Streamers
- 2022: Digital content management in a decentralised online world
- 2021: Innovating the future of classical music TV
- 2021: Is anybody out there? Radical new ways to reach audiences in the Performing Arts
- 2021: IMZ Flying Academy Pilot with Higher Music Education Institutions
- 2021: Let's talk 2030
- Setting IMZ Standards on Metadata
- Setting IMZ Standards on Copyright
Market Access + Professionalisation